Transparency

Posted by Jamie Kelley 
Transparency
December 06, 2005 06:50PM
I've got an image in Photoshop with a transparent background.

How do I import it into a transparent Motion background without Motion wanting to add a white background to the original Photoshopped image?

Replies are much appreciated, thanks...

Jamie
Re: Transparency
December 06, 2005 06:58PM
Either import the .psd file or save an alpha channel and save as PCT or TIFF. If you still don't see transparency, check the alpha interpretation - import the object, select it in the Media tab of the Project Pane, then go to the Media tab of the Utility pane - it's at or near the top. Shift-F is the keyboard shortcut to get there quickly.
Mark
December 06, 2005 10:48PM
Mark:

It's a psd file with no alpha channel. It's grayscale so the only channel in Photoshop is gray. But it is on a transparent background and only one layer.

I did what you suggested in Motion but in the Media tab in the Utility pane, it doesn't matter how I toggle the value, the "white background" in the canvas still appears. My canvas preference is transparent, however white fills in the balance of the grayscale image.

Thanks for your assistance. I'm happy to follow any other suggestion.

Jamie
December 06, 2005 11:03PM
Gawd, I hate it when I'm this stupid.

My apologies Mark.

I tried it again, saved as tiff and noticed in the "save as" parameters, a tick box asking whether to save transparency. Of course, I ticked yes and voila, no problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience...........

Jamie
December 06, 2005 11:35PM
Ah, greyscale - that's your problem. Change the color mode in PS to RGB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics