Fading Filters

Posted by J.Corbett 
Fading Filters
January 02, 2006 04:15PM
in motion2, for filters such as crystalize can you fade its effects rather than just have them suddenly cut. i am wondering if you can key the fiters like you would in fcp by placing points on a line to indicate wanted values at specific times.
i have been using motion2 for a lot of bahavioral text sequences but i am now trying to get into texture and color changes.

any help would be valued.
Re: Fading Filters
January 18, 2006 01:07PM
Hi,
Did you get an answer to your problem? I have been trying to do the same thing. Tried to use Basic Motion/Fade in-fade out on the Glow filter, but, it faded out the entire clip, even when highlighting (applying to) just the filter, it still faded out the video. I had to use keyframing, and it became more complex, and had to keyframe the threshold.

Cam

Cameron Young
January 18, 2006 02:14PM
Yes, you can keyframe just about any parameter of any filter.
Mark
January 18, 2006 03:13PM
Yes, but is there no way to use basic motion instead of keyframing?
January 18, 2006 03:24PM
Not sure what you mean by "use basic motion"? You can't use a behavior on a filter, if that's what you mean - but it's extremely easy to keyframe a filter's parameters - just set the one you want to zero to turn off the effect (blur, glow, whatever), hit "A" to turn on record animation, move your playhead to where you want the effect to ramp up, and change the value.
January 25, 2006 10:22PM
thanx the keyframing worked for me. now if i could just learn how to produce dept ( sorta like the genus stout or vontage comecials ) in motion i might be ok even if i had ta fake it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics