keying

Posted by James T 
keying
February 15, 2006 05:18PM
hey guys,

I have some footage shot on DV in a studio with a white back drop. I have keyed out the white, dropped a white matte behind the footage, and placed my text in-between.

My question is, Is there anyway to clean up the keying, or the "white border of separation?"

Thanks guys for any help,

heres a picture if it helps.

Thanks,
J
Re: keying
February 15, 2006 05:42PM
How did you key out the white? You could try the Primatte filter or a luma key or stencil luma blend mode, but I think your best bet is to have two copies of the footage in the Layers tab - apply an image mask to one, drop the other one on the mask, set the mask to luma - then you may need to apply a desaturate and levels filter to the mask source to tweak the contrast to get the best key.
Mark
February 15, 2006 08:17PM
Originally, I placed a color key filter(white) over the footage, and added a white matte for the background.

I have tried what you have said but I do not think that I am working it properly.
Let me know if my layers are in order of your instructions.

Where do i place the text in the layers?
Which layers do I apply the filters(color correction) to?

I have changed the order of these layers as well as the settings of the filters numerous times. I know you weren't expecting to give a whole keying demo, but I appreciate your time.

hopefully this will help

Thanks
J
February 15, 2006 08:23PM
I dont think that liked worked properly, here you go again

February 15, 2006 10:27PM
Pix are too small for me to see you layers.

-duplicate the video you want to key out
-on the original, add an image mask (Object>Add Image Mask)
-drag the duplicate onto the image mask (this will turn it off in the Layers tab automatically)
-in the dashboard for the image mask, choose "luminance"
-you should get your key now (text should be behind the video
-to tweak the key, add a levels filter to the duplicated video (that is turned off), and bring in the upper triangles towards the center to increase contrast - you have to play with this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics