Creating schematic templates in MotioN?

Posted by Charles 
Point is: I need to download some COOL Schematic Templates for Motion; the kind we see in Futuristic ship designs... with lines extending to tell u where the main engine is... how heavy is the armour chasis etc etc.. to make the whole schematic look REALLY UBER>

I kinda like the graphics in the Aliens Dvd menu. If u've got the director's cut edition of Aliens on DVD, or recall the old Aliens movie, u'll prolly know what im talkin about

Point is, i particularly like the art work done in the Computer graphics of the Wayland Yutani corp, especially the flashing words and scanning grids of the main DVD menu. I wonder how did they composite the visuals?

Yall are in the industry, any idea which art director was responsible for the production of the visuals on that dvd? Or how i can replicate it? The only good programmes i have are motion and fcp.

I need such cool schematic (exaggerating) graphics for this "sex talk" production me mates are doin, featuring some.. weird.. freaky version of Dr Phil teaching young guys about female body parts. Hence. the need for schematics.
Re: Creating schematic templates in MotioN?
April 11, 2006 02:56PM
Hey Charles,

I haven't looked, but I'm sure that buried somewhere on the ALIENS disk are the production credits for the DVD itself, and you may be able to contact the artist responsible directly.

Otherwise, doing this kind of work is possible in Motion, provided you have the schematics already created. I would use Adobe Illustrator so that you have clean, scalable vector art to start with. You can layer them over each other and move them around easily in Motion. Put any logos (like the WY logo) on a separate layer so you can add a glow effect to it.

In any case though, sounds like you need the schematics themselves made. I would search around for an illustrator, maybe even a technical illustrator (the kinds of guys who draw blueprints and schematics for a living).

JK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics