Motion won't install from FCP Studio Cross Upgrade

Posted by torita 
Motion won't install from FCP Studio Cross Upgrade
June 12, 2006 05:19PM
I just installed Final Cut Studio cross upgrade and the motion portion of the install was greyed out even though Apple sent the Motion disk. I did not have Motion before, but assumed this was a full software vs just upgrade since they required my old install disk.
Re: Motion won't install from FCP Studio Cross Upgrade
June 13, 2006 08:08AM
Did you call Apple support? The UB upgrade is supposed to be complete copies of the same software you sent in!

FC Studio has one serial number for all the applications. Even if you only had FCPro, the rest should install.
June 20, 2006 02:58AM
You meet the graphics card requirements, yes?
June 20, 2006 10:53AM
After calling Apple, I found out I do need an upgrade on my video card which is enroute.

Thanks,

V
July 11, 2006 10:13PM
I have a Power PC G4 AGP Graphics 1.7 GHz Sonnet encore CPU 2 GB of RAM and an ATI 9800 Pro Graphic Card. I had installed Motion 1 and it worked since I upgraded to Tiger not Even Motion 1 is running don't launch when I tried to reinstall it tells me that I don't have the necessary hardware. I Upgraded the ROM version of my card the driver and software and also I upgraded the Mac Os 10.4.7 combo. The problem still there. Something is missing since the Tiger Upgrade that Motion doesn?t recognize that the card is within the requirements.
Any help anyone? By the way I got Motion 2 since I did the cross grade from Apple and off course it doesn't installed neither Final cup pro 5.1 is grey out in my computer and automatically skip it.

HJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics