recording midi on motion

Posted by butcharuski 
recording midi on motion
July 09, 2006 06:23PM
Is there a way undo a midi controlled recording?

Ok, I don't claim to be a pro at motion, but I am not stupid either. I mapped out a keyboard (instrument) between photoshop and motion (using midi) to highlight notes as they are hit on the keyboard. It works great. The problem I have is that I recorded a few seconds of my note hitting with motion just to check things out, and it somehow imbedded the keyframes into the layer. Well, actually there are no keyframes for me to delete. So now I everytime I play the timeline it highlights my "test" note hitting.

I hope someone can understand this. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!
butcharuski
Re: recording midi on motion
July 09, 2006 07:14PM
Find the parameter you animated in the Inspector, and click the Animation menu (the little diamond to the right) and choose Reset Parameter.
Mark
July 10, 2006 02:00PM
Some additional information...

When you record using the MIDI behavior, it adds keyframes representing the notes or sliders you adjusted to the "Value" parameter of the behavior in the Inspector. As Mark suggested, just click on the animation menu next to it and reset that parameter, and it will erase your recorded test notes and be back to normal.

By the way, you aren't required to turn on record to test your MIDI setup, the MIDI behavior works when the record button is off as well, so you can loop playback and "rehearse" everything as much as you like before recording the real result.

-- Greg
July 10, 2006 03:16PM
oohhh... cool. thanks guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics