animate a series of pictures using the emitter

Posted by James Hecht 
animate a series of pictures using the emitter
December 20, 2006 03:43PM
I want to animate a series of pictures using the emitter. How to you input the series of pictures.

Never give up, there is always a solution
Re: animate a series of pictures using the emitter
December 20, 2006 04:00PM
put them all in the timeline, duration of 1 frame each, and export a movie (might a little quicker to do this in FCP. Bring in the movie, use it as the basis for the emitter. In the Emitter tab there will be some parameters to allow you to see random frames of the movie from each cell.
December 20, 2006 09:13PM
Thanks for responding to my question. I cropped my images in Photoshop, imported pictures at 1 frame into FCP, put pictures in order, dragged to timeline, and exported as QT. In Motion: Applied Bubbles Rising to new project, dragged QT still sequence and replaced the bubble image. I changed many of the emitter controls, and I keep getting the last picture in the sequence over and over, then all the pictures all at one frame each.
Thanks

December 20, 2006 10:02PM
Hmmm - I just did it, worked fine - do you have "Animate Image" and "Random Start Frame" checked?
December 20, 2006 11:36PM
Yes, both are checked, and with the birth rate set to 1, I get the last image in the sequence many times, and this image moves and scales, followed by a one frame progression of all the images in the sequence but are not moving or scaling. Also all the images have the black boarder from the canvas visible in the motion playback. Can you email me you motion project file. I?m looking all over the manual for an explanation of the procedure. Thank for your help

December 21, 2006 08:23AM
Sounds like you may have a Motion problem, you could try deleting your prefs. Are you sure your QT movie is correct - 1 image per frame, full frame images? Also, try clicking the Generate button in the Emitter tab to create a new random sequence. Finally, rather than using a preset emitter, create one from scratch - drag your QT movie to a new empty project, press E to create particles, then make the necessary adjustments in the Emitter tab.
December 21, 2006 01:02PM
OK getting close to what I want. Thanks Mark for all your help, I appreciate it. The effect I want is for the emitter to produce a scaling and moving picture with a life of 3 or so seconds, with a new picture born every second. What I?m getting is a sequence of 1 frame pictures that scales and moves. In the media tab I found end condition and set it to loop, and the alpha at Premultiplied Black. Looping helped; the Alpha still is not working. The Black boarder is still visible. The Images can be stacked in FCP without alpha problems. After I export the Sequence to QT The alpha problem is there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics