Round trip problem after xgrade

Posted by camshaft 
Round trip problem after xgrade
January 13, 2007 03:41PM
Hi, all,

Having a problem round tripping from FCP (5.1.2) to Motion (2.1.2). First time doing this since the cross-grade. I added a link to a screen shot of the error messages.

[homepage.mac.com]

Imported DV material using Log and Capture, not capture now.

Clip in FCP timeline, use "Send to Motion", everything checked, and get "Following items....are missing" with the red and white table cloth in the Motion canvas. When I search, the clip is not highlighted, so I uncheck "use exact file name" (I'm paraphrasing) and click to use clip.

Apple-tab back to FCP and voila, the red and white table cloth!

Is this a preference issue? Application confusion with the file name?

If it is a pref problem, what are the Motion prefs to trash, plist? Any others?

Thanks

Cameron Young
Re: Round trip problem after xgrade
January 31, 2007 11:31AM
Cameron,

I'm having a similar problem. I've also just upgraded to crossgrade FC Studio.

I've created a project in motion and saved it, but when I go to import to FC I get a message that says: "File Error: 1file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unkown."

I've tried to import two ways: From the File - Import button in FC. And by grabbing the Icon in the title bar of the motion project and dropping into FC browser bin. I have done this successfully before even since the upgrade, so I don't get why this is happening all of a sudden.

The only way I've been able to work with my Motion project is by exporting it from Mortion (which saves it as a QT movie) and then importing it into FC. But this is very inefficient because every time I need to adjust it, I have to open Motion, make the changes, export as a QT and then import into FC.

Anybody have ideas about what's happening here?

Thanks
Re: Round trip problem after xgrade
January 31, 2007 01:05PM
Have you tried trashing your preferences?

Library>Preferences>com.apple.motion.plist

That did the trick for me.

Cameron Young
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics