Missing codecs in Motion?

Posted by jwilliam 
Missing codecs in Motion?
January 30, 2008 02:25PM
When I open Motion and start up a new project, where there should be a bunch of pre-sets for the various NTSC and PAL formats, I just have a few options - all HDV and XDVCAM. There is no NTSC standard, or PAL standard.

And in my export options - when you want to export something as a still frame, I have no options. No JPEG, no TIFF, no Photoshop, no nothing at all.

What happened? Is there a problem with my install? Is there something switched off in my preferences? Or is there a codec library somewhere that's missing some settings?

Any thoughts?

Jeff
Re: Missing codecs in Motion?
January 30, 2008 02:35PM
This has been happening a lot, you are not alone.

Did you upgrade from Tiger to Leopard? If so, did you do an Archive and Install? If so, that's your problem.

But first, just try trashing your prefs. If that doesn't work, you'll likely need to delete both Motion and Compressor and reinstall both. Check this:

[discussions.apple.com]
January 30, 2008 06:20PM
Thanks... looks like I'm going to have to re-install Motion and Compressor.

The discussion there on the Apple board just covers uninstalling Compressor. Is there a similar tutorial for Motion? Or will doing that process for Compressor solve the problem?
January 30, 2008 06:22PM
Look carefully. It covers both. If you only reinstall Motion, you'll break Compressor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics