Definitive Motion Library Location(s) definition!

Posted by ambush64 
Definitive Motion Library Location(s) definition!
February 20, 2008 02:07PM
I'm reading in the Motion manual pdf on specifying the Libray location, it instructs me to "choose" the location for the 3rd party plugins, but I'll be damned if I can see the "choose button next to the Library Path." While clicking the icon which chooses the display option between list and file view in the Library in Motion's browser, the application freezes and needs to be restarted before I can get it to do anything.

I'd like to know where the actual default location for the library is, make sure I have all
things there and then specify the path.... (I found it under Library
on the main hd, Lib / app. supp / Motion) but what about the users
library or the Shared Library? Also under Lib. /AppSupport/FinalCutStudio/Motion)
Too many I think!?
Re: Definitive Motion Library Location(s) definition!
February 22, 2008 03:22PM
If you're working in Motion 3, the "choose button next to search path" refers to a preference that existed in Motion 2, but they never bothered to update the manual for Motion 3. Choosing the 3rd party plug-ins folder is conspicuously missing from the Motion 3 preferences, possibly from Motion's notorious crashing behavior when using 3rd party effects.

I found the folder for 3rd party plug-ins by creating a folder inside the 3rd party area of the Library. It's located at: user/library/application support/final cut studio/motion/library/3rd party filters

andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics