2 motion questions motion keeps crashing help please

Posted by lost in space 
2 motion questions motion keeps crashing help please
February 20, 2008 02:07PM
Hey there
1st question: I am running 2x2.66 dual core intel 2 gigs of ram: I am trying to do some titles and I am doing some adjustments to the behavior grunge 2 and adjusting key frames. I pull the tab of the key frame editor off to work with it and I can move around the keyframes and then bam it crashes. can someone tell me why. I am running the program on my computer and the footage is not coming off of external drive. The sequence is only 1 min long. I have 37 gigs available. on my internal harddrive.

2nd question is there a way in motion to turn off and only see the key frames of the active effect I am using in the keyfram editor. As it is if I use the keyframe editor I can see all the key frames. I can turn off the ones that I am using but I don't know how to see the active keyframes on the line as they are working.
Re: 2 motion questions motion keeps crashing help please
February 20, 2008 02:15PM
Can't tell you why you are crashing - are you using 2 monitors? That could impact things.

You can turn off individual parameters in the keyframe editor by clicking the checkbox; you can also use the "show" pop-up menu to determine just what parameters appear. There are keyboard shortcuts to reveals just certain paramters (e.g., "u" shows all animated parameters).
February 20, 2008 02:38PM
I am using 2 monitors does that help or hinder? I know how to turn off individual paramiters but when I leave up the one I want to manipulate it does not show me how I am affecting the graphic when I manipulate the key frames. I am working in grunge 2 on the x and y scale trying to make the graphic grow and the decrease against a beat. I have the keyframe editor open and using all the real estate I have on my second monitor. I also don't understand why in the show window of the key frame editor it say untitled is that my current setting? Also how can I ust use my mouse to make key frames instead of going to the pull down window to add key frame. In FCP I use the p (pen tool is there a like tool in Motion? Sorry sop many questions your Motion 3 really is good but would love a tutorial for the "idiot yes I know you know these things questions"
February 20, 2008 02:42PM
Option-click the animation menu to set a keyframe for a paramter

or control-K sets a keyframe on the last animated parameter

But if you are animating to music, you really should try the audio behavior, much much faster than keyframing.

two monitors splits your vram; if one monitor's resolution is different than the other, I've seen that cause instability. I stick to one monitor for Motion
February 20, 2008 03:33PM
Thanks Mark will try that
February 20, 2008 03:39PM
Mark
Can you tell me where I find the audio behavior it is not under behavior. Is that under your Motion 3 dvd and I have missed it can't find it please direct if you have a chance
February 20, 2008 03:45PM
It's a parameter behavior - right or control click on the parameter you want to animate (in the Inspector) and choose Audio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics