upgrading to Motion 3

Posted by scottsdale 
upgrading to Motion 3
February 22, 2008 07:15AM
I am about to install Motion 3 - will there be any problems reading my Motion 2 files, - any words of caution - I need to quickly crank out a few projects & hoping the transition is easy?

thank you
Re: upgrading to Motion 3
February 22, 2008 01:49PM
I upgraded a while ago and have been opening Motion 2 projects with no problems. It will ask you whether you want to convert it to v3 or open it as a new Untitled project, preserving your v3 original. Generally I avoid upgrading in the middle of a project, so hold off if you can (especially if you have older FCP projects you're still working on), but upgrading Motion projects doesn't seem to be a big deal.

JK

February 22, 2008 02:18PM
thank you - did you have to get a different graphics card? I have a
GeForce FX 5200 but see they recommend a newer one.
Re: upgrading to Motion 3
February 22, 2008 02:34PM
Yeah, that card is not on the recommended list. I'm using the ATI X1900, been working good although I'm already salivating for a better card. Your graphics card is the biggest influence on Motion's performance (more so than RAM) so it's best to get the fastest one you can afford. What kind of Mac are you on?

JK

February 22, 2008 11:22PM
I am on a dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 & have 5.5 GB RAM. I did get Motion 3 to load on so I am hoping it works until I can get a newer card.

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics