Corrupted images/renders

Posted by TVGenius 
Corrupted images/renders
March 31, 2008 12:42PM
OK... first I'll run down my system before I forget. I'm running a 2X 3Ghz Dual-Core Xeon Mac Pro with 9 GB of RAM and OSX 10.4.11. I have a Radeon X1900XT. I'm running Final Cut Studio 2, with all software on the system up to date.

Alright, after finally getting my new system set up and running, I finally have had a chance to get into Motion 3. At first, I played with one of the templates, and found that as I started manipulating it, the text got scrambled. So I trashed it and started over, and it did it again. I've since discovered that no matter my canvas settings, or whether it's built from scratch or I use one of the Apple templates, the text gets all garbled, and shows this way in the canvas, the thumbnails in the layers tab, and in the final renders when I export it. It even generates alpha for the red that shows in the image below. I tried running through the KB articles and stuff that are posted on here, and none of them seem to apply to this situation. I have FCP open in the background here, but it does it whether FCP's running or not. Any ideas? At this point, Motion's just about useless to me and I'm baffled...

(Sorry about the hugeness, but I wanted keep it decent quality)

Re: Corrupted images/renders
March 31, 2008 01:29PM
Have you tried trashing your preferences file?
March 31, 2008 01:35PM
Crap. Knew I forgot to mention something. Trashed them to no avail. On a whim, after posting that, I went to my bosses' office two doors down, and she has the exact same configuration I do, and it does the exact same thing on her system. Which leads me to believe it's not necessarily something a re-install would fix...
March 31, 2008 01:38PM
You said 9 GB of RAM? That's unusual. I'd try pulling some RAM - try 8GB or 4GB. If that doesn't work, I'd use Pacifist to just install the Motion app:

1. put your fc studio install dvd in the drive
2. drag the installer icon onto the pacifist icon
3. click "skip" for all the media content

You will see a list of all the install packages on the DVD

4. Select this one: "Contents of MotionGroup"
5. Click the "install" button in the upper left of the window.

6. Only the motion installer will execute and replace all the frameworks, components etc in your library.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics