3D Motion Path base on Camera Movement

Posted by J.Corbett 
3D Motion Path base on Camera Movement
May 26, 2008 01:12PM
I need to create a camera movement then track a fireball that follows the left most edge of the camera view area at a slightly higher speed rate.

The object is to have the fireball appear to be racing the camera to a text object. The fireball will pass the camera then impact a black background and explode revealing text as the camera comes to holds at a certain angle.

Can this be done?

can i create a path in 3d and how? When i am creating this path can i do it in a view that allows me to see that camera?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: 3D Motion Path base on Camera Movement
May 26, 2008 10:49PM
Yes, it can be done. Using the Motion Path behavior for the emitter is one way to have it travel in 3D (assuming you also make it 3D in the Emitter tab). You can animated the camera in 3D with keyframes or behaviors, but in this case keyframes would probably be easiest.
May 26, 2008 10:58PM
so i copy the path expand its scale the position it next to the camera path.

The cam is already animated. so how do i copy the path?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
May 26, 2008 11:53PM
If you used the Motion Path behavior, just duplicate the behavior and drag it onto the emitter (Edit > Duplicate, Command-D, or Option-drag is the fastest)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics