Motion tracker question

Posted by filmcutter 
Motion tracker question
August 20, 2008 12:07PM
I'm not a Motion expert so I apologize if this seems like a stupid question.

I have a shot of a person holding a cell phone. I want to replace the image on the cell phone screen with a still image I have.

I imported the phone shot into Motion and used the behavior: Analyze Motion on it.
I then took the jpg and told it to match the move (using, as a source the Analyze Motion).

It worked perfectly except for the end frames when the person lifts the phone. It creates a huge amount of blur that the motion tracker can't follow. (And, I need that bit of motion to make the cut to the next shot work).

No problem I thought. I assumed I could just manually set key frames for the last few frames. The problem is, when I have the motion tracker on, it wont let me use keyframes -- it somehow turns off the ability.

Also, the motion tracking behavior is not a distinct layer. I thought I could just have an end point and turn it off when I was done, but no - it analyses the entire shot (like the optical flow filters do) and I cant turn it off for one region. (It puts a cog wheel next to the layer but thats the only indication it has been tracked)

So, I guess what I'm asking is how would I turn off the motion tracking or over ride it for a while while I manually keyframe in certain areas?

If you want to see what I mean heres the shot, the jpg and the motion file:
[homepage.mac.com]

Thanks

David
Re: Motion tracker question
August 20, 2008 12:18PM
Saw your post on the Apple forum as well.

The Analyze Motion behavior DOES lay down keyframes - with it selected, go to the Keyframe editor (Cmd-8) and you'll see them there. You can simply move your playhead to the one you want to adjust, double-click it to enter a new value, or scrub the hot slider off to the left.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics