The post-it peel effect

Posted by J.Corbett 
The post-it peel effect
January 03, 2009 11:25AM
how can i create the effect of a post-it note being pulled from the post-it notebook. Maybe its called a peel effect.

also i need to create an illusion of a street sign hanging from a power line. like when you stop at a stoplight and there is a sign inbetween the lights with a street name on it. when that day is kinda windy this sign will sway with the wind.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: The post-it peel effect
January 03, 2009 02:10PM
1. Create a Post It Note in Photoshop. Use the page peel transition.

2. Create a fake sign in Photoshop. Add the clip and the sign graphic to a Motion Project. Use a Tracking Behavior on the Sign. Track the Power Line. Try a Wind Simulation behavior or the like to move it.

Or do it in After Effects with similar techniques.

The second effect is not a simple one to pull off for a novice, for sure. I'd just hire Joey.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
January 03, 2009 11:52PM
I WISH I COULD HIRE JOE. He does extra hot graphics.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
January 04, 2009 11:23AM
Might be easier to track an existing street sign and change the lettering on the existing sign with a photoshop file.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
January 04, 2009 02:13PM
the street sign is done. i just gotta track it.

we also thought about green screening the peel and then removing the hand but your suggestion worked.

i created a peel trans in motion. still need a lot of tweaks mainly to make the sheet of post it fly away with some organic, natural, paper movement behavior.

""""
January 05, 2009 12:47AM
thought about green screening the peel and then removing the hand

are you on CRACK?!?!??!
January 05, 2009 01:52AM
yes and that proves it. LMAO

i have a sweet plug and i guess i was forcing use. dv matte blast

""""
January 05, 2009 02:21AM
ok, lets THINK about this. if the HAND turned the page and you key out the hand - what about the part UNDER the hand? now you have a hole where the fingers were...
January 05, 2009 12:29PM
yeah, but while i was hocked up on green screen plug-in juice. i was hoping to film it in a way that would allow me to get at least 3 corners minus the hand.
then i was gonna photoshop a postit and track the 3 corners. so i would be covering the hole with the psd file.

but i am sober now. lol

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics