MOTION : (deadline) No keyframe Allowed

Posted by J.Corbett 
MOTION : (deadline) No keyframe Allowed
January 19, 2009 09:28AM
This has been posted to motion for 3 days. I just don't think anyone is looking at it.

I used the people stroke to create a full screen wipe. Its 2 strokes that cover the screen.

what i want to happen is one writes on from left to right, it stays onscreen for 1sec then it writes off from right to left. then the reverse of that for the other stroke.

i have set my keys to write on using the option called ' last point offset' in the shape > style tab.

my problem is that thought it writes on correctly it seems that motion is not allowing me to use the ' first point offset' option to create the write off.

i was hoping i could avoid duplicating the track and reverse keying it.

fcs2 motion3 latest version.

problem UPDATE:

after tweaking the stroke i go to a point in the TL then click the record button. then i go to the end point where i want the animation to stop.
i use ' last point offset ' or ' first point offset ' to create my draw off. Motion will not allow this keyframe to animate. it does nothing unless i have the record button off and thats iffy also.

as a work around i created 2 .motn files that were identical (1 named wipe on the other wipe off). I created the wipe on with one no problem. In the other separate copy of the same graphic wipe without any keyframes (named wipe off) i get the same problem.

If it allowed me to create the wipe on why would it not allow the wipe on

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: MOTION : (deadline) No keyframe Allowed -->VIDEO<<
January 19, 2009 12:49PM
VIDEO

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
Re: MOTION : (deadline) No keyframe Allowed -->VIDEO<<
January 19, 2009 12:54PM
i have tried it with manual points and by clicking the drop beside the option to add a key. no matter what i try, when i add the keyframe it stops the parameter from working.

this make no sense.

any thoughts?

""""
Re: MOTION : (deadline) No keyframe Allowed step by step
January 20, 2009 10:03AM
Update.

I have discovered that you can animate the stroke but so far I have found no way to animate the stroke while it is pulling from the shape style menu.

Here is what I did.

1. created 2 full screen horizontal strokes
2. key framed the strokes using the first point offset option
3. played the animation ( it did what I was expecting )
4. choose the floral > Vine 3 from the shape style menu
5. I played the animation again and the animation was gone (keyframes disappeared from the keyframe editor)

I have tried to animate the plain default stroke and it will animated.
I have tried animating the styled stroke and it only worked for the write on. (would not allow it for the write off)
I have tried 2 other styled shapes and they do the same.
I have trashed prefs.

Is there a rule to this?
Is there a key combo that could have been pushed to disable this?
Why does the animation become void once I choose a shape style?

I have decided to scrap the wipe since it is taking longer to create it than it took to edit the piece. It is also due at 4pm eastern time. I will just pull something from my ETK pack.

""""
Re: MOTION : Only 2 keys allowed on styled stroke EXTRA CRAZY
January 21, 2009 08:19AM
Even though i have delivered my project. This little anomaly is driving me crazy.

It seems that motion is only allowing 2 keyframes on a styled stroke. It even seems like it carries over to other projects.

For example:
I created a stroke and gave it a shape style of vine 03. I then duplicated the project with '' save as '' Then I keyframed a write on. It works.

Then i opened the duplicate project and attempted to keyframe a write off. I would not allow it.

There is definitely something unusual happening.

""""
Re: MOTION : Only 2 keys allowed on styled stroke EXTRA CRAZY
January 24, 2009 02:05AM
ANDY NEIL
You know, I wish I hadn't thrown away the project I initially did this with because I can't recreate what I did. As a matter of fact, I've been able to replicate your issue on two separate machines.

I have to say, it seems like a bug to me, or at the very least, a non-intuitive workflow.

However, I have good news. I was able to create the wipe you're looking for. It's helpful to think of the Shape Styles as quasi-emitters. In fact, if you look under the Advanced section of the Shape tab, you'll notice a Dynamics section that has some of the same controls in it as an emitter.

To create the wipe you're looking for, I used the First/Last point offset to create the wipe on (that's simple enough to do).

For the wipe off I adjusted the Life parameter in the Advanced section. Basically, I moved the playhead to the point in the timeline that I wanted it to wipe off, and then adjusted the Life parameter until I could start to see it eating away at the end of the shape style. HINT: You can make small adjustments to a parameter by holding down the OPTION key while clicking and dragging right/left in the parameter window.

Hope this helps.

Andy

""""
Re: MOTION : (deadline) No keyframe Allowed ITS A BUG.
January 24, 2009 02:06AM
JUST WANTED TO CHANGE THE TITTLE.

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics