Motion to FCP roundtripping problem?

Posted by jellotor 
Motion to FCP roundtripping problem?
January 22, 2009 01:21PM
Hello there,

Trying to solve a problem that doesn't (yet) seem to have a related google-fied answer.

I have FCS2 installed on a 21.6 GHz MacBook with 1GB RAM, 10.5.6, QT 7.5 and all of the most recent updates...for FCP that appears to be 6.0.5 and for Motion it's 3.0.2.

I realize this machine isn't a 'Motion monster' but I am simply trying to take advantage of a better keyframe editor to march me down the path when it comes to putting some simple moves on still images.

However...

When I send a clip from my timeline to Motion (using NTSC DV), apply my movements and bring it back into FCP the corresponding .motn XML file shows only blank video (background) in the canvas and viewer, even after a render. Oddly enough the poster frame on the clip in the timeline shows the proper image (in this case a white numeral 1 on a black background as suggested by someone on another board). I've already trashed my Motion preferences with to no effect.

That same person surmised that the problem is in the XML linking between Motion and FCP. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any solutions? I'm considering a wipe of the drive and a reinstall of the OS and FCS2 unless there is a quicker/more concise fix...

Graeme
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics