working with a LiveType texture

Posted by shelleyrae 
working with a LiveType texture
January 27, 2009 07:49PM
Hi,

I want to use the Aurora texture from the "Medley" category in LiveType as a lower third. I thought all LiveType textures were available in Motion but they are not. I tried to export the Livetype texture as a QT movie so I could work with it in Motion but it won't let me export it.

I tried to save it as a still image PNG but the file is just black when I open it. So I decided I would just work with it in LiveType. but I am unable to manipulate the full screen texture. I used to be able to crop and resize background textures in the LiveType app, but for some reason I cannot resize it in LiveType now. I see the blue bounding box around the Aurora texture but cannot grab the handles to crop it.

Any ideas on what could be going on here?

Or... any ideas on how to access LiveType textures from Motion so that I can work with them in Motion?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: working with a LiveType texture
January 27, 2009 08:20PM
I think you're probably just missing a very simple setting in LiveType. When you export (Render Movie), there's a checkbox for including the background (Render Background). Check that box.

www.derekmok.com
Re: working with a LiveType texture
January 28, 2009 10:02AM
I was able to export the texture as a movie and bring it into Motion. But now I see that Motion doesn't offer Combustion Glow effect I want to use so it would be better just to do the whole lower third in LiveType. However, I cannot seem to crop the background to a lower third within the LiveType application.

But shouldn't I be able to manipulate the background right in LiveType? Crop the full screen texture down to a lower third without having to leave LiveType? I used to be able to grab the blue handles around the image and resize but I don't seem have that capability any longer for some reason.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics