Can't get text to appear in FC

Posted by shelleyrae 
Can't get text to appear in FC
April 22, 2009 10:32PM
Hello again,

I'm trying to create a scroll in Motion. The client sent me a list of 700 names in a Word document. I cut and pasted the copy in the text box in the Motion text editor. I can see all the names in Motion but once I bring it into Final Cut it disappears. The other day I had another long list of names to scroll that was also sent in a Word document and I cut and pasted in the text editor in Motion and it worked fine when I brought it into Final Cut.

I have tried saving this second Word document as text only but it still didn't work. I also trashed my preferences and nothing. I have also tried to create the scroll in LiveType and I have the same problem. It shows up in LiveType but not in Final Cut. It would be a nightmare to have to type the 700 names manually in the Motion text edit box. I'm thinking there must be something corrupt about this particular Word document. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Can't get text to appear in FC
April 23, 2009 12:09AM
Got it work finally --

I cut and pasted the text from the Word document into an email, then emailed it to myself, copied the text from the email and pasted into text box in Motion and it worked.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Can't get text to appear in FC
April 23, 2009 10:01AM
LOL, I have never heard of using Email as a text formatter. Great work around.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics