Shake discontinued. And then?

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
Shake discontinued. And then?
July 31, 2009 11:11AM
Are there people out there using Shake?

what happens now that it's been discontinued?
Re: Shake discontinued. And then?
August 01, 2009 02:13PM
what I want to know is motion 4 the new shake? Does motion 4 give compositors all they had in shake?
August 01, 2009 11:06PM
So nothing happens. Apple discontinued development for Shake a few years ago, they announced it, and folks use it anyway. This announcement should really come as no surprise, I guess I don't see what all the fuss it about.

And no, Motion 4 is not the new Shake, not at all. It's a motion graphics application, not a visual effects compositing application (although you can do some vfx tasks in it).
August 10, 2009 03:49PM
I know one FX shop that switched over to NUKE from Shake, and are pretty happy with it. Shake still runs under OSX, but it's a dead end. Apple may have sensed that enough people have moved on to not bother trying to win them back with a shiny new program. They seem less interested in winning over new segments of the Pro market -- and let's face it, that's their prerogative. If you're getting higher profit margins on iPhones and iPods over Mac Pros, I don't begrudge you from shifting your focus.

JK

January 27, 2011 04:29AM
to Answer the first question no motion 4 is no shake but hopefully motion 5 will be better. and your second question absolutely not motion 4 is nowhere as good as shake and in my opinion shake is still superior to AE and many others
January 28, 2011 03:15AM
the only reason I use Shake today is for stabilize interlaced footage. (Horrible result in Fcp and Motion). Besides that Motion is pretty much complete.

but I don't do hight end cine compositing. If I did I would swith to Nuke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics