Which settings to create Motion 3 file for use on DVD?

Posted by rwhite 
Which settings to create Motion 3 file for use on DVD?
January 15, 2010 03:08PM
Hey all!

I will be creating a Motion 3 file to be included on DVD. The DVD will be watched mostly on both standard def and high def TVs. A few will watch using a computer on the internet. Blu-ray is NOT an option at this time.

This Motion file will consist entirely of graphics, text, and voiceovers - NO video from a camcorder.

From prior research, I seem to remember that progressive (vs. interlaced) camcorder footage looks better on standard def TVs and that progressive is the best format to put on a DVD. Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, when looking at the available choices for a new Motion file, I don?t see the option of progressive or interlaced.

Would a progressive choice be best? If so, how do I select progressive when creating a new Motion 3 file?

Will 23.98 fps have advantages for DVD delivery in addition to 1) Smaller file size than 30 fps, and 2) The slight flicker of the film look?

The project properties window also gives options for:

Pixel aspect ratio: square, or NTSC or HD options
Field order: none, upper, or lower

Which of the above would be best for my project? Does one need to create two versions - one for TV viewing and one for internet computer viewing (due to the square vs rectangular pixel issue)?

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics