Send to Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project

Posted by Ruben Abruna 
Send to Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project
August 29, 2006 04:34PM
I am working on a 51 minute project with 8 audio tracks in FCP.
I select the sequence in the browser>control-click >Send to Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project.
It creates reference files for all the sound clips and creates the background video as well.
However, it does not open automatically on Soundtrack Pro as I expected. When I try to open it either directly or through File>Open, it hangs and the colorful beach ball spins endlessly. Then I have to force quit because the program is (Not Responding).

I can work with single audio clips from the FCP TL. In other words, I control-click on the audio clip
>Send to Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project. This process works well.

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Best,
Rubén
Re: Send to Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project
August 31, 2006 12:39PM
There is a way Virginia!

For exporting more than 2 tracks fro FCP to STP, try: [www.kenstone.net]

The key is to "Select all clips in the sequence" before exporting multitrack to soundtrack pro:

Ken Stone write (bless his expert, techo-nerd heart):

Final Cut Pro integration: multitrack projects

Once you have "picture lock" in Final Cut, simple select all the clips in the sequence and choose File > Send To > Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project.

Figure 19. Sending a completed edit to Soundtrack Pro for sweeting, effects, and final mixing.

After choosing where to save the fiile, Soundtrack Pro launches a new multitrack project with separate tracks for each track in FCP - and of course, the sync video is included as well.

Then to have cross-program functionality between FCP and STP for multitrack projects, try:
[www.presentationmaster.com]
Final Cut Pro Quick Tip #53 Soundtrack Pro Round Trip By Stephen Schleicher (God of all things DV)
Re: Send to Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project
August 31, 2006 05:00PM
From the Ken Stone web site -

"Note that unlike the roundtrip process for an audio project file, creating a Soundtrack Pro multitrack project from Final Cut Pro is a one-way process. To bring the final mix back into Final Cut Pro, you would export a either a mix or export selected tracks, busses, or outputs."

As I stated before, there is no way to complete a multitrack exchange to and from Soundtrack Pro. What's the purpose of having to Mixdown multiple tracks after manipulating them by mixing down to mono pair?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics