Audio 4 a scene STP

Posted by sowza1 
Audio 4 a scene STP
May 02, 2007 03:26PM
I am editing audio for a scene which is several clips back and forth of
the two actors. I am reducing noise and normalizing. I would like to
just copy and paste what I have done to each clip yet I can't seem to do it.

If I could this would speed things up tremendously.

Is this possible in STP? So when I send to STP as an audio file can I
copy reduced noise and normalization from the last clip and paste to
the new one?

Thanks,

John
Re: Audio 4 a scene STP
May 02, 2007 10:04PM
Did you try right clicking on the audio clip and "copying", then click on the next clip and "paste attributes"?
May 03, 2007 01:08PM
If it is all the same clip in FCP, instead of sending to> multi-track project which will open each edit as an individual clip, try opening from FCP as audio file. You'll then have the complete file to work with.

Cameron Young
May 03, 2007 01:26PM
I see how the hole clip is in STP. But once back in FCP it is still only
changed the clip I sent.
For instance if I have Clips cut as A B A B A B C A B. How do I change clip B1 and then
add those changes to the rest of clip B??

Thank you,

John
May 03, 2007 01:28PM
Too Add,
at this point I've been sending each clip B (for instance) one at
a time, and after a half dozen clips, it seems it should go faster.

John
May 03, 2007 01:44PM
If you send to>STP audio file, you will have to re-import the audio file and re-edit the audio. I think the logic is/was to do work on the file before starting to edit. But, at least the entire audio file would be fixed.

Since you are already in multi-track, I would try what John posted. Copying/pasting attributes. I haven't done that, however, it would make sense that once you have the file highlighted, pasting a process would be logical.

I'm not sure what the problems you are dealing with, but, another idea would be to bus your clips to one output on the mixer, and then add whatever EQing or fx to that bus.

Cameron Young
May 03, 2007 02:59PM
Okay, STP seems to be two programs in one, either your composing or editing/cleaning your audio.
Your saying I should put it in as a multitrack. I did and don't see a way to reduce noise / replace with ambient noise / or add compressor or normalize.
I also don't see an option to copy and paste in STP. And in FCP it doesn't copy and paste what you did in STP.

Yet as an audio file I can do all of that, but like you said it looks as tho I need to edit the audio before hand.
I have faith there is a better work flow then this...

A problem for example, There is a couple we shot having a conversation in a room, we shot his angle then her angle. On her angle there is a slight hum / buzz. In STP I removed the hum and it sound great. The Problem is I have to take each one of her clips (every time it cuts to her) and send it to STP as an audio file and try and match what I did on the previous clips of her.

Thanks
John
May 03, 2007 04:14PM
In multi-track, control-click the clip to "open in editor" which will open in waveform, along with the i/o points. From there you can do whatever processes needed.

<<There is a couple we shot having a conversation in a room, we shot his angle then her angle. On her angle there is a slight hum / buzz.>>

Is this a two or more camera shoot, or a single. If it's multi-cam, take the audio from his angle.

Cameron Young
May 03, 2007 04:56PM
Its single cam.

Okay, definitely making head way. I got the scene into STP as a Multitrack, yet cannot copy and paste noise reduction and so forth....

I'm at a loss....

thanks,

John
May 03, 2007 05:49PM
well, the only workaround to manually processing each clip is to take the one file you want to remove the hum from (in FCP browser) and send it to STP audio file projects. FCP will make a copy of the file in the browser with "sent" added that will be the file with your processing. It has the identical time code.

Good luck

Cameron Young
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics