Trouble going from FCP to Soundtrack Pro and back

Posted by dmings 
Trouble going from FCP to Soundtrack Pro and back
September 26, 2007 09:48AM
We have three MACs, two with FCP 5 and one with FCP 6. On the newest one I can send the audio of a clip to Soundtrack Pro with no problem, but on the older one with FCP 5, I cannot. Here is my procedure: I highlight the clip and control click and select "send to", but Soundtrack Audio File Project is grayed out, so I try again, this time with only one track of audio selected: this time SoundtrackAudio File Proj. is active and it lets me go on, but with only one track, of course. After working and saving my work, when I close Soundtrack and go back to FCP, I now only have one audio track in my project. I can usually just duplicate this one in the other track, but this is a pain. I have also tried working from a stereo pair, but this will not go either. According to the tutorial video that came with the software, I should be able to simply click on the clip without separating the audio out in any way and go directly to Soundtrack Audio File Project. This is also how I was taught in the Apple Workshop, but it will not work with this machine. I have compared settings between two machines, but cannot find anything out of whack. Anyone have any ideas?
Re: Trouble going from FCP to Soundtrack Pro and back
September 26, 2007 10:09AM
Last time i had funky things going on between these 2 programmes i trashed my STP pref file and it was sweet. Could be worth a try?
September 26, 2007 10:09AM
That's the way it used to work in the older version of the software.
September 26, 2007 11:36AM
Thanks for the reply. I was successful in bringing the video clip
into FCP and dropped it into a timeline. I used the Apple
Intermediate Codec. Someone mentioned the Prores 422 codec, but there
are many variations on that one, so I'm not sure which one we want to
try. What would be a practical set of variables for us to work with in
this simplified classroom environment? The product will probably go
no farther than a DVD. Dale
September 26, 2007 11:44AM
I think you want to start a new thread. The video codecs have nothing to do with STP.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics