Voiceover problems in Soundtrack Pro

Posted by Katrin1980 
Voiceover problems in Soundtrack Pro
August 17, 2009 12:40PM
I wasn't sure if this is a Soundtrack Pro question coz it's kind of general, so I'm posting it here:

I need to do a voiceover in Soundtrack Pro but realized that my logitech webcam seems to have come in the way. I have a cinema display so I hooked up an external cam to videochat.
now, in my prefs I have the following settings in the "sound" tab:
Output: line out, type built-in line output
Input: Logitech Camera, type USB

In Soundtrack when I arm the track for recording the recording meter doesn't show me anything, it's grey. the settings there are: built-in line input, stereo.
In the audio devices section the default input is the Logitech cam, the default output is the built-in line output.
Even if I try to disable the cam by putting in "default input - built-in line input" it doesn't change anything in the recording section...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Re: Voiceover problems in Soundtrack Pro
August 18, 2009 11:05AM
no one? sad smiley
August 18, 2009 11:52AM
try to get sound track to read Logitech no built in line. You may have to use Midi to locate Logitech. Don't know if that helps. I haven't used Logitech
August 18, 2009 08:04PM
Sorry Katrin1980

I don't use Soundtrack Pro to record voiceovers, instead I use the Voice Over Tool directly in Final Cut Pro. Its a very simple tool to use and you might want to check to see if this is a working option for your set up ... if so then first and foremost you have an immediate workaround, if not then it may suggest a basic compatibility issue with the USB camera and the ProApps.

Andy
August 22, 2009 04:24AM
oh, you're right. I disabled the cam and it worked in Soundtrack.
Then I checked out the VO tool in FCP...I don't think I've ever tried that before.
thanks!thumbs down
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics