2 Caldigit FirewireVR Units @ 640 GB ea - MAKE ME AN OFFER for BOTH UNITS !!!

Posted by grafixjoe 
2 Caldigit FirewireVR Units @ 640 GB ea - MAKE ME AN OFFER for BOTH UNITS !!!
May 13, 2009 08:58PM
This sale is for 2 CalDigit FireWire VR 640 GB units (formatted total about 1.19 TB @ around 595 GB each in RAID "0"winking smiley. These 2 units were purchased by me in September of 2008 for a freelance gig that faded away so they are practically brand new. They have never left my desktop. They were written to very lightly (I mean VERY lightly) - one in RAID 1 for backup and one in RAID 0 for editing a single ProRes project. One of the power supplies was defective out of the box - Jon Schilling @ CalDigit overnighted me a new one immediately. Can't beat that Customer Support, folks.

These units DO NOT LOSE PERFORMANCE WHEN DAISY CHAINED like G-RAID2's do!!! Go ahead...link 'em together!! These units are PERFECT for editing remotely or for use in shipping footage / projects to clients. ORIGINAL SHIPPING BOXES INCLUDED!

These units are STILL FULLY SUPPORTED by CalDigit. You can STILL PURCHASE REPLACEMENT DRIVES / SLEDS and other parts. I really hate to sell them...but I already have 3 other external units and I do not need these at all. Any company specs you will need to see are here:

[www.caldigit.com]

They come with full original packaging including (each unit includes):

Original box
FireWire VR
Archive Box
FW800 (9 pin to 9 pin) cable
AC Adapter
CD and Manual

THESE ARE PLUG-&-PLAY RAID's, folks. FW800 connection on your MacPro / Macbook Pro / G5 and you are flying.

Asking $595.00 OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER for BOTH UNITS (that's $297.50 EACH!!) - including FREE SHIPPING to a US address (both units sent in ONE SHIPPING BOX).

Please PM me with any questions if interested thumbs down

UNFORTUNATELY, according to CalDigit, the product Warranty VOIDS & replacement parts are the responsibility of the new owner when the original owner sells the units. You will be responsible for replacing any parts if needed (I have already replaced a Power Supply so you won't need that).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: 2 Caldigit FirewireVR Units @ 640 GB ea - MAKE ME AN OFFER for BOTH UNITS !!!
May 31, 2009 06:42PM
Changing my post to MAKE ME AN OFFER on BOTH UNITS !!! Both units MUST go together (nicely packed both units in their original factory boxes - and both boxes are in a Caldigit cardboard case.

All REASONABLE OFFERS Considered. There is NOTHING WRONG with these units - AWESOME MECHANICAL / PERFORMING CONDITION

Thanks folks grinning smiley

Re: 2 Caldigit FirewireVR Units @ 640 GB ea - MAKE ME AN OFFER for BOTH UNITS !!!
June 13, 2009 05:11PM
SOLD!!

Sold to me!

And I just wanted to say that I got the drives, they are exactly as described by Joe, I'm a happy buyer, he's a solid seller.

Thanks, Joe!
June 30, 2009 04:24PM
Awesome Jeff!! Thank you for following up and I hope you get YEARS of faithful service from those CalDigit Firewire VRs. I am SURE you will because everything they make ROCKS grinning smiley

Joey, I got a couple 1 TB Hitachi drives and put them in the Raid 1 unit tonight. Works like a charm, just as you said! Many thanks again!
July 01, 2009 09:39PM
I told you there was nothing to be nervous about!! NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!

Peace smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics