Hi, I have a semi-urgent project I am working on and am experiencing problems when attempting to capture from my editing deck using final cut. Although I can see the video on the canvas and I can log the clips, when I try to do the batch capturing, the message "File error: Unknown folder" comes up. I'm still using FCP3 on a Tiger operating system. I checked the firewires and everything seems to be OK from that perspective. Should I reinstall FCP (in which case - how do I uninstall it?). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gina

Re: Help! Final Cut Pro - File error: Unknown folder
October 26, 2005 08:03PM
Did you check your scratch disk locations? If everything looks hunky -dory, trash your preferences to return to factory settings.

[www.lafcpug.org]
I'll bet a dollar you've got a "/" character somewhere in a descriptive field in your log & capture settings for a clip. Something like "First 1/2" or "and/or", etc. Those fields put together make the file name of the clip you are capturing, and the "/" is a delimiter for a folder name to OS X (Unix), so it's trying to interpret a folder name from what's in front of the "/" character. And there is no such folder. Get all odd characters out of those descriptive fields and it will go better. Things like *./? are bad ones.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics