Video for Internet Streaming

Posted by Michael Escher 
Video for Internet Streaming
October 30, 2005 09:43AM
Hello all,

After years of putting it off, I am putting up a website for my production company. I?ve contracted a web design firm to do the site, but thought that I could do the video compression on my own with final cut pro and/or compressor. I am very facile with FCP but am rather clueless on using compressor. Are there any list members who might share their knowledge on doing high quality streaming video of video samples?

Thanks ahead of time.

Michael Escher
you can export a sorenson3 or flv (my two preferred web formats) right out of your timeline via "export using quicktime conversion) BUT, youre going to get FAR better control of your end movie if you were to purchase sorenson compression suite
Re: Video for Internet Streaming
October 30, 2005 02:06PM
I have gone through Cleaner and MP4 and now exclusively use Sorenson Squeeze to compress streaming media for web.
October 30, 2005 03:06PM
Also - check out the new Flash 8.

View my HDV sample at: [www.hd-tv.us]

Tools at:

[Macromedia.com]

[on2.com]

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
October 30, 2005 04:48PM
Flip4Mac is great as well for producing Windows Media files, which would be highly PC-compatible.
Admittedly a novice compared to the gurus on this forum, but i use (and love) sorenson squeeze and although initially used .rm files as i personally think they give the best output for lower bandwidth quality and copmparable to the others for higher, i have now been converted to flash. The file sizes are a bit bigger (although that could be just my inexperience) but the streaming is great and after finding a free flash player which is simple elegent and effective I am a happy man.

if you want to have a look: www.youth-tv.co.uk

The video on the home page is encoded for about 110kbps, clicking on one of the videos links will give you options of looking at a file encoded for about 400kbps and screened at 460 x 320px

PS: a big thanks to this forum for all the pointers and threads which led me to squeeze and flash. as ever this board is fantastic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics