Audio out of sinc...

Posted by sbjohnwe 
Audio out of sinc...
December 05, 2005 06:25PM
Hi

I used the multi clip function to cut an entire movie while i was on vacation using my laptop. Once I got back and looked at it on a large screen I noticed i am out of sinc by just a hair. Is there a way to fix this so that it updates in the multiclip?

Basically take the stand alone track and slip it back into sinc then go and adjust the multiclip i used to cut from.

I hope I am making sense here.

Or is there a way to colapse the multiclip and then make a wholse sale change to the clips in my sequence. Rather then doing each one individually.

Thank you

John

Cheers,

John
Anonymous User
Re: Audio out of sinc...
December 06, 2005 12:53AM
I dont know. Try them and tell us if it works

December 06, 2005 02:19AM
Are you really out of sync? Could it be that the way you are now monitoring the video has a latency compared to the audio output? In other words is your audio ouput following video or are you listening to the audio out of the computer audio out and the video out of a capture card or firewire out. Just a thought.
December 06, 2005 03:45AM
Clips too long or drives are too slow.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
December 06, 2005 08:11AM
Thanks for the replies.

I am on a G5 2.5 with 8gigs 2 23inch monitors with 4 graid 500gig externals. Each of the G raids is a separate 500 gigs

I am listening to the audio through headphones. When I'm watching the play back im watching on both a 27in sony trinitron and the computer monitor.

Im using the firewire and the built in audio settings for the audio on FCP.

I am pretty sure its out os sync . Both myself and the other editor have looked at it.

I guess i will play with it and see if you cant edit a multi clip once its set up to make changes in something and thus have it correspond to the timeline.

Thanks

John
December 06, 2005 07:57PM
Use the FireWire DV Out and monitor audio from the deck/camcorder and NOT the built in. This is a common problem if I am reading you right.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
December 07, 2005 08:12AM
Had similar problem with seven camera shoot - I hate that, I did it physically and it was fine but lost sleep over it - On other systems the video track turns red when the slightest sync indescretion arrives. I love FCP but a certain company that makes kick ass CGI, Compositing, 3D animation packages whose software names have a themed elemental slant had the best timelines, better than anything I've ever worked on and great for OUT OF SYNC problems. I think that guy Kos knows all about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics