OT: what have you done with the older versions?

Posted by John K 
OT: what have you done with the older versions?
December 21, 2005 12:33PM
Just upgraded to FCP Suite, trying to clear some room for that black suitcase on the shelf...

Just curious, what have you all done with previous versions? Those boxes take up a lot of space and it seems silly to keep them around. But also a waste to chuck out all that material, no? I'll keep the previous version as a backup but what to do with 3.0? eBay? Recycle? Doorstop?

I don't think eBay is a viable option, I'm pretty sure that when you upgrade you're not getting a new license, you're upgrading your license. So while you may be on 5.0 now it is based on your 3.0 license and so you can't sell your 3.0 license and continue to use 5.0 (version numbers just as an example).

All of our old versions are just taking up space on shelves. Probably time to move them into the storage unit.
Re: OT: what have you done with the older versions?
December 21, 2005 05:54PM
You can safely trash the older documentation, if you are sure you will never need it, but I would suggest that you keep the original CD's or DVD's of the product and alll the paperwork including the serial numbers.
all you NEED to keep are the pages with serial numbers. you can toss the old books and boxes - but its never a bad idea to shoebok the old discs somewhere, just in case. in upgrades since version2 i have never been asked for the discs but who knows if apple will do what adobe has done with illustrator - making you have a previous version installed in order to upgrade...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics