AE effects error, Title Crawl Not working

Posted by Daryl Rummens 
I'm opening an old project. I reinstalled the Op system and fincal cut hd 4.5 this is the first time opening this project since the update. There is an error that comes up and says "AE effects error: unable to find plug in "title Crawl"
do u wish to load plug in from another directory?" I dont know how to reconnect and fix this problem. It worked fine before the updates. It wont render out. Can anyone help so i dont have to re-do two title effects that took me a while....
Re: AE effects error, Title Crawl Not working
December 24, 2005 12:42AM
This is not an AE error...it's a FCP error. The project is looking for a 3rd party filter that is probably not on the same system anymore. If you want to get rid of this error, place the plug-in in the appropriate folder, relink to it and all should work (if your plug-in is not compatible with your current software, you may need to upgrade to use it.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

I never added a plugin before tho, it was jsut a reg fincal cut effect i thought, how do i place the pl,ug in in the approprite folder, how do i know where to get it? sorry i dont know how to fix it, if someone could tell me exactly how that would be sweeet, thanks
Re: AE effects error, Title Crawl Not working
December 24, 2005 04:37PM
In FCP 4-5, Title 3D and Title Crawl were not auto-installed. YOU have to install them yourself. Install Disk>Extras Folder>Boris Calligraphy.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics