OT: Upgrade to Final Cut Studio for $99.00

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
OT: Upgrade to Final Cut Studio for $99.00
January 11, 2006 02:07AM
Some of you might have missed this today what with the announcement of the new mac book pro.

"What products qualify for an upgrade to Final Cut Studio?
Apple will be offering affordable upgrades to Final Cut Studio from retail versions of the following products: from Final Cut Pro 5 for $99; from Final Cut Pro 4 or 4.5 (HD), DVD Studio Pro 4, Motion 2, Soundtrack Pro, or Production Suite for $199; from Final Cut Pro 1, 2, or 3 for $699. If you upgrade to Final Cut Studio through this program, you will receive the Universal version after it becomes available. Information about the upgrade process will be available on or before February 1, 2006."

Much more details can be found at Apple

[www.apple.com]

Re: OT: Upgrade to Final Cut Studio for $99.00
January 11, 2006 04:32AM
Wait a sec...

So Final Cut Studio is the same as the old Production Suite ? same box but much lower price, and the apps are no longer available separately.

And the upgrade to Studio from FCP ? that I just paid $618 for right before Xmas ? is now only $199???

Apple has some hush-hush return policy for when you order something right before they upgrade or price drop, right? Would that apply to software too? From a month ago?

Post Edited (01-11-06 02:47)

January 11, 2006 10:06AM
Yeah...I just paid over $500 for the FC Studio Upgrade (from Production Suite)!!! That SO figures.

Hey Mike, is there some upgrade policy for those of us that bought upgrades in the last - say 3 months (with proof of purchase, of course)???

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 11, 2006 10:10AM
Waiting has its rewards...looks like it's finally time for me to go from FCP4.5 to 5...
January 11, 2006 10:24AM
Well, thie scares the HELL out of me! Every time a company low balls their product to get it out, there is usually a very good reason. Like - it's no longer of any value to them. I didn't see this announced but still, what else can you image?
January 11, 2006 11:24AM
Hi John

I don´t understand these things either but what if as rumor has it (think secret, yes I know, to be taken with a large bag of salt) there was to be a more upmarket FCP as well. A FCP Extreme or what ever which of course would be more expensive. Would this make sense?

Paul Murray
Anonymous User
January 11, 2006 12:03PM
Ya'll got to read the link I posted and stop speculating. FCP is going nowhere. What this is telling you is that FCP, Motion, DVDSP and Soundtrack Pro will no longer be available as stand alone apps. Apple wants you to move to the Universal Binaries version of FCS and is giving those who have not upgraded yet an affordable way to do so. Yeah it sucks for those that just upgraded. For those of you who did, it will cost your $49.00 more to get the Univesal Binaries version. Course you dont need it unless you have a Intel Mac.

January 12, 2006 01:02AM
Michael Horton wrote:

> FCP is going nowhere.
>

Why Mike, that says it all! Man, I thought FCP was pretty good. I guess you're going to stat that new Avid forum after all.

Of course in April, FCStudio 6 will be announced and shipping and you'll have to pay for another upgrade.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
January 12, 2006 01:37AM
>>I guess you're going to stat that new Avid forum after all.<<

Hold off that thought. I'm still calculating what it would cost in terms of money and pain to buy a pony for every FCP 6 buyer compared to having to do my job on an Avid, and moderate on an Avid troubleshooting forum...

Michael - can you get any kind of LAFCPUG discount on ponies?
Anonymous User
January 12, 2006 03:15AM
Ponies don't cost much. Just cost much to feed. Discount ponies? You dont want discount ponies. Only the best.

January 12, 2006 09:36AM
Yeah, that's true. But surely we can get great quality ponies at a good price if we're willing to buy in bulk?

I mean.. let's say conservatively 100,000 FCP 6 buyers - even at $100 a pop .. hmm .. maybe we can get some of the bonsai ones?

Fantasia the beer-dispensing bonsai pony!

I wonder if we could lobby to replace the Yak...
January 13, 2006 12:54AM
Dell ponies rock for half the price! Who's got a coupon?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics