Caputure video From Sony Z1U

Posted by steveeeo 
Caputure video From Sony Z1U
March 28, 2006 03:26PM
What is the correct setting to capture HDV to FCP down converted so I can edit faster. Also I did capture in the HDV format but can't output to monitor. Is there a setting I was suppose to use when capturing or is there a setting to use after the fact?
if youre going to let your Z1 do the downconvert (there is a setting for that in the camera), you'll just capture to FCP as normal DV NTSC.

but its just a simple fact of HDV that you cannot monitor through the camera via firewire like you can with standard DV - that one of the big drawbacks of the current HDV situation
Re: Caputure video From Sony Z1U
March 29, 2006 09:29AM
You should capture in HDV. Set your camera to Automatic -- first setting in VCR mode. Then capture via Sony Firewire -- do the settings in FCP so you're capturing HDV. Set everything to HDV capture in the presets. You'll be able to see the picture in the capture window of FCP but not hear the sound (don't worry the sound is being captured too :-)

Then down convert your HDV to standard DV -- your favorite DV setting -- and edit away. This way, you can go back and conform your DV to HDV when they come out with HD DVDs or if you want to output your movie in the future to full HD using some capture card and HD deck to go from FCP to full HD.
Re: Caputure video From Sony Z1U
March 29, 2006 03:22PM
This is HDV is all new to me and a little confused. I thought I set all my FCP AV settings correct for capture from Z1U. I'm able to control the camera from with in FCP, however can't get any picture or audio to capture
Re: Caputure video From Sony F1
May 13, 2006 04:01AM
Shooting and working on HDV I've used a Z1 with my FCP 5.0.4 on my G4, with enough ram etc. with no problems ... but this time I shot on a Sony F1 and tried to capture from that ... the log and capture showed device connected ... but it just wouldn't capture. The tape would get cued at the beginning of the shot ... but would not 'grip' the end ... it would roll on. Also I couldn't see picture on the log and capture - only black. However the time code kept moving in the log and capture window.

I've just got a hard disk replaced with a larger storage one ... other than that there had been no change in my computer ... Can someone help before I rent another HDV machine and waste my rental money ... My Quicktime is 7.0 ....

Looked in earlier LA Cafe stuff but couldn't find a solution ... maybe there should be a 'cafe search' ... to save scrolling the older messages ...

Thanks.

Pankaj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics