OT: Good Wireless Mic

Posted by TV Terry 
OT: Good Wireless Mic
April 11, 2006 01:48PM
I'm looking for advice on a good wireless lavalier mic. I don't want to spend a fortune but would still like a decent UHF setup. I know, I don't want much, do I? Possibly a combo set with a handheld mic as well. Any input is greatly appreciated as to what make/model and also where online you all recommend to buy it. Thanks!
Re: OT: Good Wireless Mic
April 11, 2006 02:17PM
Please do a forum search...this subject has been raised many times.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 11, 2006 03:30PM
I suggest looking at sennheiser's evolution wireless...outstanding value for the price ( (sounds and works as well as mic's costing twice as much...) about 500.00

You can see and purchase them many places on line...including B & H

[www.bhphotovideo.com]
April 11, 2006 04:06PM
I have the Sennheiser. Works very well.
April 11, 2006 04:30PM
<<<I don't want to spend a fortune>>>

Most people mean over $200 then they say that. Most reliable diversity radio microphones start about $800 to $1000. The new Sennheiser seems to have broken that barrier. It also seems to be the only one.

Don't bother spending less. What you lose in production time and aggravation with a cheap radio mic will more than pay for a new, better one.

There are also a number of production shooters that will still open a vein before using a raldio mic--having been burned a number of times by RF's unreliability. So if you're dong this as a convenience instead of raw necessity, I would reconsider.

What's it worth to you to blow 5% to 10% of your shoots--at random.

Koz

April 11, 2006 04:31PM
I second the Sennheiser. Great quality at the price. I have the Evolution G2 with the remote you put at the bottom of your handheld mics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics