OT Serious iTunes Problem?!?!

Posted by Sean 
OT Serious iTunes Problem?!?!
April 14, 2006 06:50PM
First things first i am on windows sad smiley using the latest version of itunes.

Okay I have about 6700 songs in iTunes just about five minutes ago i was going through the music sorting, repairing tags, listening etc... I noticed that the size of some songs were either "Streamed" or it was very small like 0.1 Kb it was like that for about 133 songs the tags look fine the bit rate is still good at 160-192 or so the song length is normal for the song 3 or 4 minutes.

Anyway I copied the songs out of iTunes into a seperate folder and the Date Modified is about half and half 3/20/2006 (this is about the day i moved my music to my external drive to run the music off from the internal drive I had a few issues with getting itunes to recgonize some music but it eventually all moved over which i thought was successful but apparently not) and 4/12/2006 only these two dates. I can't remember anything significant on 4/12/2006 except normal listening. It's limited to chunks of specific artists with a few random songs.

By the way i checked to see maby if the "Good" songs are still there in my music folder they are not I also let itunes rename the files and sort them when they are added to the library. some of the songs i've had there for years even before i started using itunes and some of them are fairly new like in the last month. I havn't noticed the issue before now. As far as i can tell or remember i've had no issue before with these songs. They are also no good on my ipod which was just synchd yesterday.

I understand that most of you are exclusively Mac users but if anyone can shed some light on what my problem may be i would appreciate it. I want to avoid this happening again to even more songs.

If you need any more info just ask me again i would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

Sean

Post Edited (04-14-06 16:55)
Re: OT Serious iTunes Problem?!?!
April 14, 2006 09:06PM
Not to be weird, but you should probably just go to Apple's website, click on "Support" and do a search for iTunes discussion/Windows for iTunes.

Good luck!
April 14, 2006 09:08PM
Yea i did that a little bit i didn't find anything though i don't know it's a really weird issue

Sean
April 14, 2006 09:09PM
Try this link:

[discussions.apple.com]

My experience is that if the problem can be replicated, somebody else has seen it and may have a fix.
April 14, 2006 09:10PM
Thanks i'll look at this

Sean
April 14, 2006 09:52PM
I looked a little bit on the link that you sent me no luck so if anyone has any other suggestions i would appreciate it

Thanks

Sean
April 14, 2006 11:49PM
i suggest you POST to the iTunes forum, not just look.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics