TV Off Plug in

Posted by JBeal 
TV Off Plug in
April 23, 2006 01:19PM
I searched through the archives but can't find anything. Foes anyone know of a plug in for makingh it look like my video just got turned off, in thye style of old school tv sets where the gun wouldn't turn off immediately and you would see the picture squeeze into a little dot?
Thanks
Anonymous User
Re: TV Off Plug in
April 23, 2006 01:34PM
You can just do that in the motion tab.

Play with it a little bit. Futz with distort and size over perhaps 5-7 frames and see what you come up with.

April 23, 2006 07:44PM
i dont think that faking it with motion effects is gonna do the trick here.

you can buy a clip of this at veer.com. its not quite the one your talking about, but it does convey a reasonably similar mood:

[www.veer.com]

it aint cheap as a single download OR as a full volume... it would be probably cheaper to go to an old antique store and just buy an old tv and shoot it yourself.
April 23, 2006 08:04PM
Try this - it's free...if you have After Effects...

[forums.creativecow.net]
April 23, 2006 08:08PM
ALSO...look in livetype...it has a TV OFF effect under the MECHANICAL folder of Effects....apply it to a piece of video instead of type....
April 24, 2006 05:59AM

Yes. Monitors would collapse to black, but home TVs would collapse to a bright dot in the middle which could take quite a while to fade out. It's not just a positioning/move effect.

Koz

April 24, 2006 12:30PM
That would be an awesome Dissolve effect to see included in the Effects > Video Transitions.

Full screen, collapse to one horiz line, to one big dot in the middle, then the diameter of the dot collapses and dims.

The alternate or contrary effect would be hot as well... black, quick surge growth of picture size, while fading up, maybe a slight jitter as the H and V syncs up... or am I flashing back too far to the tube days smiling smiley

Add a SFX of the static electricity crackling on the surface of the CRT... Horiz Oscillator whine 15000Hz... maybe a brieg "Hummmm" as the PS handles the surge.

Maybe Digital Heaven or Nattress could add it to their bag of tools.

Independent photographer, film maker and Producer. In the wonderful UK.
April 24, 2006 01:03PM
you could fairly easilly pull that off with trapcode particular, 3dstroke and the basic after effects tools...

id bet you could even make it in motion, with the built in effects...
i cast the challenge down to all you "motion-heads" out there

i dont think it could be pulled off as a FCP "plugin/transition" without coming out really cheesey.
April 24, 2006 06:11PM
<<<am I flashing back too far to the tube days>>>

Hello? Nick? Nick? [slapping face] Are you with us? Don't wander off like that. You're scaring us.

<<<without coming out really cheesey.>>>

"Effects d'Fromage" on the theory that everything in French sounds better.

Koz

April 25, 2006 01:39AM
Effet "Fromage", but it doesn't sound very good

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics