Color Matching on FCP

Posted by Robert 
Color Matching on FCP
May 07, 2006 03:09AM
Hello All,

I just finished a 50 minute dv documentary (ntsc) on fcp. I want to color match for the first time and am also new to fcp.

An editor offered to do it with me in 6 days for 600$ which I know is a a cheap and generous per day price. He has also only fcp at home with an apple cinema display and a g5.

On the other hand I am doing this film with no budget and I am wondering how hard it is to do color matching myself with fcp??

I am also a color still photographer (analog) and think I have a good sense for color.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Robert

robert
robertohp2001@yahoo.com
Re: Color Matching on FCP
May 07, 2006 05:13AM
Nothing against having someone help you color correct your movie, but I don't think it is in your best interest to have it corrected only on an apple cinema display.
I received a feature last year that was done like that, by someone who was not trained in color correcting and he paid over $2,000, it was done incorrectly.

I use CRT preview monitors and scopes to try and get a more accurate picture of what is going on.

Ripple training and a few other companies make great DVD training tutorials for color correcting. You can look them up on the net.
If your doing a feature it is worth understanding color, you being a still photographer with this DVD you may feel pretty comfortable in coloring the entire movie yourself if you have next to no budget.

[www.rippletraining.com]

It would be a great move to look into something like that.

You don't have to take my word for it try there exerpts from there site.

Hope that helps.

SL8UP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics