Cutting Uncompressed HD??

Posted by ChrisBPhoto 
Cutting Uncompressed HD??
May 30, 2006 04:25PM
I don't see any timeline settings, capture settings, or easy setups for uncompressed HD. I see uncompressed SD, but no HD. Is this only capable with a plug-in or extra piece of software that you have to acquire somewhere?
Re: Cutting Uncompressed HD??
May 30, 2006 05:45PM
To get Uncompressed HD codecs you need to either buy an HD capture card (AJA, Decklink) or download them from their site. Apple doesn't have an HD codec.
May 30, 2006 07:13PM
I thought there was something that didn't sound right about that. Yes, the drivers came with the I/O equipment. Kona2 in our case.

Good morning, Koz.

The other thing you will notice right away is that there are no really good, stable disk drive systems that will handle Uncompressed HiDef. We're using a **very** tempermental dual (I believe) Ultra SCSI system.

Once you get it working, do *not* dust, clean, vacuum, wash, or in any way move anything until the end of the show.

Koz

May 30, 2006 09:53PM
Thanks for the info. I dl'ed Kona's easy setups.

You mentioned there is no good disk system for uncompressed HD, what about apple's fibre storage, or HUGE system's fibre storage, setup in an 8 disk RAID? I haven't cut with this, but I know people that use it quite often without too much trouble.
May 31, 2006 11:15AM
<<<apple's fibre storage>>>

I believe the comment was, "...when fiber arrays come down in price to where actual people can afford them."

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics