multiple audio tracks

Posted by Benjamin Meyer 
multiple audio tracks
July 12, 2006 04:47PM
Hi, all

I'm editing a project that has audio recorded on an eight-track DVD-RAM recorder. Of the eight tracks, sometimes the recordist used two, sometimes, three, sometimes four or five. I think he even used six, on a couple scenes.

When you push a video track from V1 to V2 in a sequence, the linked audio generally drops down two tracks, from A1&A2 to A3&A4. This is fine, if you have two audio tracks. But, if you have more, is there a way to tell FCP to jump the audio down three or four or five of six tracks, when you move the linked video up or down?

Thanks!
Re: multiple audio tracks
July 12, 2006 06:08PM
They sort of move together. However - you can easily lock video them move the audio to the tracks you want. (or vice versa)

Ian
July 12, 2006 10:04PM
Or hold down option to temporarily turn off linking in order to move the video and audio independently.

Andy
July 13, 2006 09:03AM
Benjamin wants the audio to move,
but move more than just the default 2 tracks.

i haven't worked with more than 2 linked tracks before, so this is something of a surprise to me.
i'm doing a quick test, and yep, he;s right,.
6 tracks of audio only jump 2 tracks when you move the video up one

i often work by shuffling clips around, one on top of another.
to do that with my 6 tracks, i have to have 2 empty tracks of air between the video clips.

i don't know if you can change that behaviour.

to do it quickly and intuitively i guess the thing to do is grab the clip *from the audio*
that way you can more accurately control where it;s going without second guessing which track to put the video on.

nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics