Panasonic tape snafu

Posted by Randall wilson 
Panasonic tape snafu
July 30, 2006 05:31AM
Working on a Mac G5, FCP 5, Sony DSR-11, Sony tapes shot on PD-150 log and capture flawlessly. Also shooting on a Panasonic DVX 100. Panasonic tapes have slight digital 'glitches' and audio pops. Not flawless. Is there any way to log and capture the Panasonic tapes clean with the DSR-11? Thanks.
Re: Panasonic tape snafu
July 30, 2006 11:19AM
The DSR-11 should be able to handle all brands of tapes. I'd check several things -- were the Panasonic tapes shot in LP mode? In NTSC or in PAL? Does the camera's head need cleaning? Have you tried using the camera to log and capture instead of the deck?
Re: Panasonic tape snafu
July 30, 2006 06:07PM
I lost all my sound on Panasonic MiniDV tapes. Never use them. As the sound will completely disappear in time, capture what you can of it and save it. Fix it as best you can. That's all you'll get. I lost over 100 hours of audio on Panasonic tapes -- entire projects gone.
Panasonic tape snafu
July 31, 2006 11:15AM
Wow...that sounds unusual .....we've shot on the high quality Panasonic VD-DVM63MQ Tapes for years and have never had a single issue/dropout/audio loss - we've archived 100's of hours of tape - not one problem. Thinking there's something else going on with your tapes - Andy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics