Render Bar Colors

Posted by Kozikowski 
Render Bar Colors
August 08, 2006 05:19PM
Everybody who edits (which would not be me) seems to genetically know what all the colors of the render bar can be and what they mean.

I have never seen a list like that and the instruction books, forum search, and help systems haven't prduced anything userful.

I'm betting you found out from your daddy, right? And he got it from his....

Koz

Re: Render Bar Colors
August 08, 2006 05:40PM
I believe they are user selectable, in User Settings.

-MW
August 08, 2006 06:55PM
<<<User Settings.>>>

Thanks.

User Preferences doesn't seem to have anything like that. What are they if I don't change the factory values?

FCP 5.0.4 by the way. I suspect they didn't change all that much between the versions.

I didn't have a lot of trouble figuring out what the red bar meant, but what's the lilac one mean? Chartreuse? Fuchsia? What's the difference between the Prussian Blue bar (which looks almost like gray) and actual gray?

Koz

August 08, 2006 07:19PM
go up to sequence than to render ther's a full list with colors

Amateur Teacher
August 08, 2006 07:57PM
<<<go up to sequence than to render ther's a full list with colors>>>

Nope. This all came up because I found a render bar color that wasn't up there. Without thinking about it a whole lot, blue is missing.

Koz

Anonymous User
August 08, 2006 08:03PM
In the on-board help PDF, Volume III Pages 536 & 537, there is a chart, Koz.

(I'm still on FCP 5.0.4, though. Search for Render Status Bar if you have a different manual.)

Happy reading!

August 09, 2006 12:14PM
<<<Happy reading!>>>

That's our version on the third Mac. I'll look.

Thanks.

Koz

August 09, 2006 11:32PM
Blue is a weird one that hardly ever comes up. It means that a video card or something has enabled a real time effect that isn't supported or recognized by FCP. It'll try to play it real time, but may drop frames as a result. I don't know that I've ever come across that one more than once, and I forget why.

Andy
August 10, 2006 01:02AM

But thanks to Deb, I now know where to go look to find out. It's not bright blue, it's Prussian Blue--sort of a cold powder blue.

We get a large number of completely different formats through here and I've seen colors go by that defy description.

Koz

August 10, 2006 09:08PM
Well, it could be the color of already rendered material. I think it's blue, but Apple calls it "steel gray". Yeah right.

Andy
August 11, 2006 12:06PM
<<<Apple calls it "steel gray". >>>

That's why we're paying the big bucks for Apple Design.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics