Good job search site?

Posted by Marla Mitchnick 
Good job search site?
August 10, 2006 04:03PM
Hi there pals-

Looking for work again! Woo-hoo. I recall a while back, though I couldn't find the thread just now, that one of you kind folk recommended a non-mandy film related job site. Can't remember what it was called: anybody have one to recommend???

Thanks,

Marla
Re: Good job search site?
August 10, 2006 04:23PM
media match is pretty ok
August 10, 2006 06:05PM
Thanks Wayne-

Just saw another one called "entertainmentcareers.net," anybone else have a suggestion to add to the mix?

Marla
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006 06:38PM
lafcpug's Job forum is getting pretty good. Working hard to get more trafic to it.

2-pop.com's jobs forum is quite good but it is heavy in the motion graphics dept.

Craigs List is pretty good.

August 10, 2006 06:51PM
realitystaff.com

mark
August 10, 2006 07:58PM
The last freelance op I called on from the LAFCPUG Job forum (last week) wasn't exactly "good":

The poster was an L.A. based Production House that wanted an After Effects Designer / Editor (remote) for a :15 second "High End" Automotive spot airing on cable (names & project are confidential to protect the innocent). They loved my Demo, emailed me the storyboards & we started negotiations - so I sent them my rate card.

LONG STORY SHORT: They were paying $250 for the Editing / $750 for the Designer on a 2 day turnaround with 1 day for revisions.

Needless to say...I said "no thanks".

As a matter of fact...the last 3 freelance ops I called out of the LAFCPUG Job forum tried to "nickel & dime" me to death. Please, folks...do not entertain or support companies/ individuals like this that attempt to take advantage of Artists & Editors. If you work for less...you are worth less and you drive down the rate cards of all those trying to made a solid living.

Try mandy.com

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 10, 2006 08:55PM
Thanks for the feedback, Y'all.

I was just registering on realitystaff.com, funny you should mention that one. It has a very annoying format for your resume but oh well. Been doing mandy for ages but I think they must have an enormous pool of talent, my hunch is if you don't respond to a post within the first few hours your resume won't even get read. I'll check out 2-pop, didn't even realize they had a job forum.

I'm a really experienced and inspired editor but I see - now that I'm in the running for work again - that I'd better learn AE. Been on staff for 3.5 years in a place with a resident AE guru, and no time for lessons. But it seems lots of projects require their FCP editors to have at least basic profficiency in it. Gotta get on that!

All outlandish suggestions and anecdotes welcome,

Marla
August 12, 2006 10:47AM
The best collection of job sites I have found is www.reeldirt.com
They have links to a huge set of job sites, including mandy.
August 12, 2006 08:35PM
OOh! Thanks, I'll check it out,

Marla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics