What not to do when editing HDV natively.

Posted by filmman 
Re: What not to do when editing HDV natively.
October 12, 2006 09:43AM
It is possible to fix the Boris Calligraphy built-in title tool without a big reinstall. But you need to find someone with a working system.

The title tool is just a plug-in here: Hard Drive>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Plugins

There are two plug-ins there named Title3D and TitleCrawl. Just replace those with the ones from a working system and then start FCP.

Its worked for me. Oh, and dont forget to trash the prefs when things get weird.

-Christopher
October 12, 2006 09:23PM
How about just not shooting on HDV?

That'll save you a lot of trouble.

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
October 12, 2006 10:31PM
Johan is a practicing comedian. Either that or he is a loan officer giving out loans for HVX-200s or Varicams... ;-)

-Christopher
October 12, 2006 11:19PM
I have another question since both you guys, Christopher and Johan, are still game. The Sony HVR Z1U also shoots DVCAM -- in 16:9 format as well -- isn't DVCAM better for up rezing to HD than HDV to HD? I know the number of pixels is the same, but the quality is better than plain SD, am I right? I asked a rental house about the percentage of people shooting HD and DVCAM for blow up to 35mm and they told me that it was about 50-50. That kind of surprised me. What do you think?
December 17, 2006 10:54PM
I was given the production companys Sony A1U camera to use as a deck. I loaded the hdv footage into FCP5 and edited.
Now I want to download back to the A1U. Cannot get the camera to accept the video signal. Is the model A1U not capable to capture hdv from my G5?

thanks for any input that gets the job done
Al
December 18, 2006 12:24PM
Al,

You might want to start your own thread with a new subject line. You might not get noticed at the end of this thread by the folks who might have an answer for you.

Sorry, I don't use HDV, so I wouldn't be of any actual help.

deb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics