Locating lost sequence

Posted by Paul C 
Locating lost sequence
November 21, 2006 07:48PM
Hi,

I have a project with many bins and sequences. Right now I have a certain sequence open in the timeline, but I can't find the actual sequence icon or file in the midst of all my different bins.

If I ever close the tab in the timeline I'm afraid I won't be able to find this sequence again.

Any tips on finding the original "sequence" icon amongst my bins in the browser?

As always, many thanks.

Paul C.
Re: Locating lost sequence
November 21, 2006 07:56PM
What is the name of the sequence? Its at the top left hand corner of the timeline. Find this, then select your browser and type Apple f to bring up the 'find' dialogue. Set it to find the nme of your sequence, and press ok. Your missing sequence should be highlighted in the browser.

November 21, 2006 08:35PM
Another way is to simply copy everything you have in that sequence, open a new sequence with identical settings, and paste everything in.

It's actually not possible to "lose" a sequence like this -- if it's in the timeline, it's either in the Browser or in another timeline.

www.derekmok.com
November 21, 2006 08:54PM
Thanks for the "apple f" search tip. I never knew it existed.

The missing sequence icon was hidden behind another sequence icon in the bin. I'm not as disorganized as I thought.

Funny though, when I pasted the sequence into my larger sequence, it had a yellow bar uptop and had to be rendered, and I think all the settings are the same.

Thanks again,

P.
November 22, 2006 03:34AM
In working with crowded bins, get into the habit of invoking "Arrange" after introducing any new material. Then you avoid hidden icons.

Or you could View as List.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Do a virtual Audio Mixdown to lighten playback load with Command-Option-R!

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics