Apple buys "Proximity" for "Artbox"

Posted by mark raudonis 
Apple buys "Proximity" for "Artbox"
December 04, 2006 10:56PM
Here's another step that Apple has taken to acquire a company that provides a solution for an area that they currently aren't serving: media asset management.

[www.proximitygroup.com]

If anyone saw their stuff at last year's NAB, they provide a software solution called "Art Box" that effectively functions in much the way that Avid's "Interplay" does. The two system's aren't quite comparable head to head, but I like what Apple has been doing recently: spending some of that iPod cash on companies that can improve the FCP Studio feature set.

It's going to be a VERY interesting NAB this year.

Mark
Re: Apple buys "Proximity" for "Artbox"
December 05, 2006 12:13AM
...all we need now is for Apple to purchase Maxon and incorporate Cinema 4D into the Studio Package.

Alright...alright...I'm up - I'm up!

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 05, 2006 05:00AM
Yeah As I've just purchased C4D R10 its a great program and a massive leap from 9.6.

Derek
December 05, 2006 02:14PM
This is great for Apple shoehorning it's way into television newsrooms...where I often work. Avid's Unity system is the defacto winner in most newsrooms across the country. Not because it's a better bargain or Avid's an easier system. They simply integrated everything first. And for the most part, it works without a hitch. Apple's purchase signals it's desire to take a bite into another one of AVID's niche businesses. Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics