Speech Commands with FCP

Posted by flim 
Speech Commands with FCP
December 27, 2006 11:28PM
Being relatively new to the Speech Commands feature on MacBook Pro.. is there a way to customize any command in regards to FCP? Like recording an action for a simple application process?

Instead of holding down a button, I say 'Hey' before each of my commands so they kick in. So I was just figuring it would be awesome, and highly convenient [yes, I'm still transcribing], to yell 'Hey! Stop!' or 'Hey! Play!'
Re: Speech Commands with FCP
December 28, 2006 11:31AM
The problem with this idea is that if you're listening to playback on speakers, that audio is going to conflict with and perhaps confuse the speach recognition software. A workaround for this is to wear a headset microphone which would eliminate most of the room noise and just hear your speach. Many people have tried to advance the editing interface beyond the keyboard and mouse (think, hand gestures), but practically speaking, it's not quite ready for primetime.

By comparison, the "voice recognition" capability in my car is actually pretty good. When I ask it for the nearest gas station, it usually displays the nearest ATM. Now that's advanced thinking!!!

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics