EDLs

Posted by archyb 
EDLs
January 02, 2007 02:01PM
Is there any way to get Final Cut to read more than just in and out points from an EDL? An editor who is working in Avid is sending me EDLs with a bunch of information that Final Cut just ignores. Is there anything I can do to bring all this info into Final Cut?
Re: EDLs
January 02, 2007 03:40PM
What type of information?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 02, 2007 04:59PM
An edl contains NOTHING more than an in and out point and a reel name. The only exception is for various switcher FX where GPI trigger info for "old school" switcher FX or dissolves can be present. If your sequence is FX heavy, then an EDL is going to be virtually useless to you.

One of the reasons that people are reluctant to use EDLs anymore is precisely because they contain so little info. Sequence translators like "Automatic Duck" are much more useful when going cross platform.

mark
January 03, 2007 09:47AM
The EDLs I'm getting are from Avid. They have shot name, clip name, sequence in and out points, source time code in and out points. What I wish I could read is the most important information to me, the shot name. The shot name is listed after every event like this:

* AB_012_345
January 03, 2007 02:29PM
Archyb,

Do you have a name? I'd be happy to help you, but I don't respond to anonymous posters.

Mark Raudonis
January 03, 2007 02:36PM
archyb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The EDLs I'm getting are from Avid. They have shot
> name, clip name, sequence in and out points,
> source time code in and out points. What I wish I
> could read is the most important information to
> me, the shot name. The shot name is listed after
> every event like this:
>
> * AB_012_345

You just stated that you want the shot name, and that the EDLs you are getting from the Avid has a shot name. So it has what you want. Or am I misunderstanding you?

YOu say that the shot name listed is AB_012_345...is that not the name of the clip in the sequence? What is the name of the clip in the sequence?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics