"Additional Items Found" during Log&Capture that aren't really there?

Posted by salterman 
"Additional Items Found" during Log&Capture that aren't really there?
March 03, 2007 10:48PM
Hi.
I started capturing new material for a project I have been working on. All the settings (incl) Easy Setup and scratch disk are the same as before.
Suddenly with every Log and Batch Capture I try I get this message:
"Additional Items Found"
"5 Items outside of your current selection have been found to reference media about to be processed during this operation. If you add these items to your selection an additional 7.3 GB of disk space will be required for an additional 00:06:26:15 of media referenced by these items.
If you select continue, these items will not be added to your selection, and they might be taken offline."
If I select "ADD", it references 5 clips that I have no idea where they are....the project shows nothing Offline, The same 5 clips show up if I click "Add" and they are not even named, I am given a reel name, a duration, then it says "1 clip" of "2 clips" and ready.
If I select "Continue" it captures fine with no problems....BUT why is this happening all of a sudden.
I am on FCP 5.1.2 and OS 10.4.8 on a MacPro Dual 2.66 with 3 GB ram.
I should add that there are no other clips that I can find that could reference these clips...I am using a unique Reel number....so it seems like an error.
I have tried tossing the Prefs and repairing permissions.
THanks for the help.
Steve
Re: "Additional Items Found" during Log&Capture that aren't really there?
March 04, 2007 11:46AM
Look in the scratch capture folder for files that might have been mistakes during the loging process.
March 04, 2007 11:53AM
Could be a bug. Did you remember to set a Logging Bin?

I've had cases where a capture operation seems to include "invisible" clips. Try moving the offline clips you're trying to capture to a new bin, set the new bin as the Logging Bin, and go from there.

www.derekmok.com
March 04, 2007 12:16PM
Hi and thanks for the reply.
The problem is that it is happening (all of a sudden) in any new bin I create and set as logging bin....All of the same 4 "invisible" clips keep showing up in the capture message and they do not relate to anything that i can find in the project since there are no clip names referenced, only reel # and duration.
I tried creating a brand new project and there is no problem, so it is project specific. I also made a new project and then copied and pasted everything from the old project into it. When I tried to capture to that "New" project, the same thing happened again,
Any more suggestions would be appreciated,
THanks,
Steve
March 04, 2007 12:32PM
> I tried creating a brand new project and there is no problem, so it is project specific.

I'm thinking the "invisible clips" are specific to the logged entries. I've seen that as well. The most common cause I've seen of this is if those logs were captured once but abandoned.

Relog those entries and you might be able to capture them. For a quick way to do this, drag the offline clip into the Log and Capture window. The Log and Capture window will "acquire" all the stats of the offline clip (except Log Notes) and you can relog it as a new entry by pressing F2. Just make sure you know which offline clip is the old, corrupt one.

www.derekmok.com
March 04, 2007 12:35PM
Oh, and look in your Scratch Disk to make sure a "dummy" version of the clips you're trying to capture isn't there. Sometimes a failed capture can generate a dummy clip with no playable/editable media in it, but it carries the clip name of the offline clip you're trying to capture and thus prevents the capture from going through. If you have one of these, you have to trash it manually within OS before your capture can proceed.

www.derekmok.com
March 04, 2007 02:34PM
Again. Thanks to all for all the response. The oddity continues. There are NO clips that seem to be offline in the entire project. Also when I check the scratch disks, I can find no "Dummy" files that contain no media.
I did look at the reel numbers that are listed as being the "Additional Items Found" and I believe they all relate to B Camera clips that were captured and used in Multiclip sequences. Could that have anything to do with it?
Thanks again,
STeve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics