audio out of sync
March 10, 2007 11:41PM
DV was applied filter to simulate 24 fps and its audio, of course!, got out of sync. Any tips to adjust audio to match altered video, perhaps changing its rate I know dv audio is 48 KHz, but I have no idea if 24 fps video has a different sampling.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Alberto
Re: audio out of sync
March 11, 2007 12:10AM
hauffen
DV was applied filter to simulate 24 fps and its audio, of course!, got out of sync.

i am no genius but sound is alway the same thru-out footage. if you were to change the time mapping ov the video separately then there maybe an issue there.

hauffen
DV was applied filter to simulate 24 fps and its audio, of course!, got out of sync.

i dont know what filter you used however if you captured the video via fire wire then the video and audio came at the sametime. if you run that clip thru compressor you can convert it to 24p.

i dont know the link but shane ross (lafcp moderator) has a v-torial on upressing dv footage to hd. you dont have to make yours hd you can just do 24p. it is a preset in compressor.
this way you will get the audio and video synced in one file.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: audio out of sync
March 11, 2007 12:24AM
Thanks, J!

I'll add your Knowledge to Action and give it a try with Compressor. I'll also check Shane's site.
Is this forum great or what?
Thanks Mike!

Alberto
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics